Breed Classifications – Effective January 1, 2014
- Must be black and white.
- Must possess Spotted Breed characteristics.
- Must be ear notched within 7 days of birth.
- Ears cannot be erect.
- Any red tinted or brown spots are ineligible.
- No solid black head from ears forward.
- No white belt pattern (hair or skin) that encompasses the back 1/3 of both shoulder blades and extends down to the forleg of the animal. The belt pattern is not completely broken by black. Exception to this rule is a predominately white-bodied individual with a white face.
- Any signs of weighted ear tags or evidence of past existence of such tags are determined to be not permissible and are grounds for disqualification.
- All boars and gilts must have six (6) functional teats on each side for exhibition.
Questions, call the Certified Pedigreed Swine office at (309) 691-0151.