Breed Classifications – Effective January 1, 2014
- Must possess Poland China Breed characteristics.
- Must be ear notched within 7 days of birth.
- Must be black with six white points (face, feet and switch).
- **Tail docking is permissible.
- **An occasional splash of white on the body is permissible.
- **A hog may not possess more than one (1) solid black leg and be determined as a Poland China.
- Must have ears down
- Must not have evidence of a belt formation of either white or white skin encircling and touching the points of the shoulder extending down on both sides of animal to the depth of the elbow pocket.
- Cannot have red or sandy hair/and or pigment.
- Hogs that have weighed ear tags or evidence of tampering of ears with possible ear tags are ineligible.
- All boars and gilts must have six (6) functional teats on each side for exhibition.
Questions, call the Certified Pedigreed Swine office at (309) 691-0151.