$5 per pen
Number of head per breed:
Rules & Regulations
1. No limit on number of entries.
2. Recommend that pigs be farrowed December 1, 2017,
3. Each breed and sex will have their own class if numbers
4. Purebreds must have certificate of registry on them at show to participate in that breed’s class.
5. An over-all champion and reserve male and female will
be selected as will breed champions. *See premiums on
6. Boars will show separately.
7. Hogs will be judged and sifted. All hogs selected for the sale must be run through the sale ring. Failure to comply with this rule will allow the CPS Sales Committee the authority to ban this exhibitor from consigning to this sale for the next two (2) years. In addition, the average sale price for that breed or cross and sex will be assessed sales commission on that animal or animals to owner of animal.
8. Entry Fee and pen rent must accompany entry form.
9. Bedding will NOT be furnished.
HEALTH REGULATIONS - REQUIREMENTS
ALL animals must have an interstate health certificate or certificate of veterinary inspection from state of origin, issued by a licensed accredited veterinarian. Certificate must show: name and address of consignor, consigned to CPS Eastern Extravaganza, Lebanon, IN; individual identification of animal, and health status of animal
including dates of required tests and vaccinations. Certificate must be issued within 30 days of date entering Indiana. Two health certificates for each animal consigned. Multiple hogs may be listed on one health certificate. Animals originating from herds outside the state of Indiana MUST secure a permit number by calling (317) 544-2381 or fax health paper to acquire such to (317) 974-2011. Hours of operation are M-F 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. A pre-entry permit number may also be acquired at www.in.gov/boah/2661.htm or available toll free at (877) 477-3038.
Certificates Must Show:
1. Individual ear notch of all purebreds Tag number & ear notch of all crossbreds The following statements:
a) Hogs have not been fed raw garbage
b) Hogs & herd have not been under quarantine for any
c ) No PRV vaccines are used in the herd. It is strongly
encouraged that all pigs have been vaccinated for
circovirus. Please list vaccine used and date of vaccination
on the health paper.
2. All pigs must have two copies of individual health papers.
3. All crossbred hogs must be identified on health paper by tag number, AND ear notch, as all crossbreds must be tagged, with tags from state veterinarians. This is a Federal law. These tags must bear the US shield to be official. A premise ID number is required to purchase 840 or PIN tags. Official ID tags are required before the animal enters Indiana.
4. Hogs or herd of origin must not have been exposed to
TGE or PEDV within the past 30 days.
5. All hogs must be tagged with either a Pin tag or 840 tag. NO EXCEPTIONS.