Breed Classifications – Effective January 1, 2014
- Must be black and white.
- Must possess Spotted Breed characteristics.
- Must be ear notched within 7 days of birth.
- Ears cannot be erect.
- Any red tinted or brown spots are ineligible.
- No solid black head from ears forward.
- No white belt pattern (hair or skin) that encompasses the back 1/3 of both shoulder blades and extends down to the forleg of the animal. The belt pattern is not completely broken by black. Exception to this rule is a predominately white-bodied individual with a white face.
- Any signs of weighted ear tags or evidence of past existence of such tags are determined to be not permissible and are grounds for disqualification.
Questions, call the Certified Pedigreed Swine office at (309) 691-0151.